A business card is an essential professional kit used for both networking and marketing purposes. If you’re a business owner, you may have collected many business cards from your networking endeavours with other contacts, and are thinking about designing and printing your own business card for marketing purposes. When it comes to design, there are endless possibilities of ideas for your choosing. You can incorporate some style and design to ensure that your business cards look appealing and serve their purpose.
When it comes to designing and printing a business card, however, there are a few things to consider. Keep on reading to learn more.
Business card design
A business card is meant to generate interest among the public in the business you represent and create new contacts. That said, you have to think about the types of business cards you want to have.
There are many business cards that come in a wide array of materials, ranging from paper to metal. Each card has varied textures, finishes, and other effects as well. While different materials and effects can make an appealing and impressive statement, traditional card stocks are said to be the most cost-effective choice for business card printing.
Designing business cards
When designing your card, there are two important factors to consider:
- Business branding: Your business branding should be deemed with the utmost consideration. As much as possible, the design should match the tone, image, and branding of the business you represent. A business card makes the first impression on potential customers, so make sure it reflects your business identity effectively.
- Pertinent information: When it comes to the card details, make sure to include the most pertinent ones. That said, only include the following:
- Company name and logo
- Contact name and title, if applicable
- Phone number
- Email address
- Web and physical addresses
Before you proceed with the printing, double-check the information on the card to make sure that they are accurate. The last thing you would want to happen is noticing a mistake in the contact number or email address after you’ve printed hundreds of cards.
Printing business cards
When it comes to printing, there are several different options available for printing business cards in Ottawa. Below are some of these:
- Digital printing: This pertains to printing methods from a digital-based image to a variety of media. Small-run jobs from desktop publishing and other digital sources are printed using large-format and high-volume laser or inkjet printers.
- Offset printing: Also called as offset lithography, this is a method of mass-production printing. Through this printing method, the images on metal plates are transferred (offset) to rubber blankets or rollers, then to the print media.
- Screen printing: This is a method of creating an image paper, fabric, or another object by pressing ink through a screen with areas blocked off. If you’re able to print other types of flat paper stock like posters and signs, include business cards as an addition to your lineup.
Business cards can help you market your professional service and business. Incorporating the right design elements and choosing your printing option can make a difference to what you hope to achieve.
When it comes to marketing and making an impression, there’s no alternative for a well-designed traditional business card, even in today’s digital world.
We provide business card printing solutions in Ottawa, get in touch with us today to see how we can help.