The business card industry has changed dramatically in recent years because more people use their smartphones for business purposes instead of carrying around separate cards. However, many businesses still offer printed cards to give out at events or conferences. The cards can also serve as an extension of your brand; whatever message you want to convey should be used on your card so it stands out from others’. What follows are some tips on how to make sure you get all this right:
1) Make sure there’s enough room for your contact information.
2) Include your logo and/or any other identifying features on the card. This will help people identify it as yours, especially if you’re handing out multiple types of cards to various people.
3) Make sure there’s nothing unprofessional about the design or layout of your business card. If something doesn’t seem quite right when you receive it, chances are that people will think the same.
4) Match your business cards to the rest of your marketing materials. If they don’t look like part of a cohesive campaign, your brand and/or company may be viewed as unprofessional in some way.
5) Do not stuff every piece of information you can think of into the card. At most, have just the essentials. This is only a small piece of paper meant to give people an idea of who you are and what you do.
6) Do not expect your business cards to be kept or shared with anyone if their design or layout does not appeal to people at all. Make sure that people will actually want to have them on hand as a reference.
7) Keep your cards simple. You don’t want to cram too much information onto just a few pieces of paper, as this can give you a cluttered appearance.
8) Have multiple cards ready for different purposes if needed. If you’re going to be attending conferences or networking events, you’ll likely need a different type of card from the ones you will hand to your clients. It’s also a good idea to keep some designs on standby, in case someone requests a different color or more information on your card.
9) Don’t forget about the back of your business card! Make sure that important but less frequently used information is there, so that you’re not leaving people hanging.
10) Have a plan for what you’re going to do with your business cards once they’ve served their purpose. You don’t want them taking up unnecessary space or being thrown away, but perhaps have some sort of card collection box on hand if needed. These are just some of the ways that you can make the most of your business cards.
What are the many different types of business cards?
There are many different types of business cards. They can be categorized according to their size, shape, or content.
Matte business cards are one of the most common types you will find. They have a matte finish, which makes them a little rougher to the touch and less glossy. The back may also be a different color than the front.
Gloss business cards, on the other hand, have more of a glossy finish. This makes them very smooth and shiny. They’re also one of the most popular types of business cards because they stand out from those that do not have such a finish.
Textured Business Cards
Textured business cards are constructed with different materials like fabric or wood. This gives them a very unique look that’s unlike any other cards, but they are also slightly more expensive to produce.
Metal Business Cards
Metal business cards are made from metal sheets, which are then cut out in an intricate shape or design before being polished or brushed. These are usually accompanied by engravings on the back side of the card.
Spot Gloss Business Cards
Spot gloss business cards have a glossy coating on one side of the card, which brings out certain parts of the design more than others. This provides a different sort of texture and appearance.
Striped Business Cards
Striped business cards feature two or more colors in vertical or horizontal stripes that run along the front and back sides of the card.
Holographic Business Cards
Holographic business cards have a 3D appearance because of the special coating used to create them. This gives them a very unique appeal that can help you stand out from other businesses.
Debossed Business Cards
Debossed business cards are pressed into an ink surface, leaving behind an indentation and creating a unique look. They’re usually reserved for more upscale businesses as they can be expensive to produce and there aren’t as many options to choose from as with other types of cards.
Embossed Business Cards
Embossed business cards also have an indentation, but it is created by forcing a high-relief image onto the surface of the card. This gives it a raised appearance that makes the design even more noticeable.
Rounded Corners Business Cards
Rounded corner business cards have been rounded on each of their corners where two sides meet, which provides a very different look from those with sharp corners.
Raised Business Cards
These types of cards raise the features on your card. This can be done through things like debossing, letterpress, or flat printing. It’s not as common as other materials for business cards, but it offers some unique touches.
Uncoated Business Cards
Coated cards are glossy, like regular credit cards. Uncoated business cards are matte and feel rougher to the touch than other types of materials. They can be embossed or printed with ink in the same way that regular business cards are made.
Business Card Sizes
The size of your business cards can also affect their look, feel, and application.
Standard Sized Business Cards
Standard-sized business cards are often the most popular because they’re the most common. They typically have dimensions of 3 1/2 inches by 2 inches, but this can vary slightly depending on where you’re located.
Square Business Cards
Square business cards have a square shape, which is different from the traditional rectangular cards. They’re more unique and can be quite memorable to whoever receives them.
Small Square Business Cards
Small square business cards are even smaller than the standard-sized ones, so they may not contain as much information or be able to hold as large of images.
Mini Card Business Cards
Mini cards are about the same size as credit cards, which makes them easy to carry around with you at all times. They’re also very thin and flexible, so they’re not as sturdy as standard-sized business cards.
Business Card FAQ’s
Some of the most common questions about business cards are answered below.
How long will they last?
Business cards can last for an extremely long time, depending on the materials used to make them. If you choose a more premium material, then your business card could potentially stand the test of time.
What is spot gloss?
Spot gloss is when a glossy coating is placed in a specific location on a business card in order to highlight parts of the design.
What is embossing?
Embossing is when you press an image into the paper that’s been coated with ink, which leaves behind an indentation or raised area that can add character and dimension to your business cards.
How much information should I include?
Different business cards contain different amounts of information because they’re created for different audiences. Standard sized business cards usually have enough room to list your company name, website address, phone number, email address or social media profiles, and then some.
What are the most important things to consider when creating a card?
There are many things to consider when creating a business card, like the material and design. However, it’s most important to keep your audience and the purpose of the card in mind.
How much does it cost?
Business cards can vary largely in price depending on how much you’re willing to spend and what materials you use to make them.
What size are business cards?
The dimensions of a typical business card are 2″ x 3.5″ inches, but this will vary depending on the country. What size your business card is will depend on where you live.
What is the purpose of a business card?
The purpose of a Business Card is to share your contact information with someone else and make them want to keep it for future reference. This way they will always have your contact information when they need it!
Can I print my own cards?
Yes you can print your own Business Cards! It’s always best to do this instead of having them printed professionally because you can save money and customise it however you want.
How this is a business card?
The thickness of a typical business card is .007 inches, but this can easily vary, depending on the type of paper it is printed on.
Business Cards: The Bottom Line
As you can see, there are many types of business cards and materials to choose from based on your preferences and the needs of your audience. No matter which type you go with, you’re creating a very important marketing tool that will help grow your business as long as it’s used correctly.